Your Ad Here

Recent Posts

Increase in DI-524 performance after fan installation

It's been 24 hours since I installed a 12V chassis fan below my DSL modem and D-Link DI-524 router, and I did get good results. I haven't turned my pc, router and modem off and found out that my old problem of router stopping "WiFi transmission" after 24 hours of heavy download solved!!! I don't know if this works in your case but you might as well give it a try. This is how I set-up my system.
  1. I had the modem and router mountain-taped side by side. I also used the router's free vertical stand (or what-ever you call it) to attach the modem to my router - using of course a mountain tape.
  2. Got a chassis fan (12V) and wired it to a 12V AC-DC adapter. The fan came with 4 screws which I glued on the suction side of the fan.
  3. Placed my router-modem setup just above the fan and got a cooling system for my router. The fan is blowing air to the modem and router by sucking air from below.

My router is currently running 24-7 and I have no plans of turning it off. I have even attached my setup to a UPS just in case of power loss. This one worked for me quite well. Ciao!

 

Related Posts by Category



0 Responses to "Increase in DI-524 performance after fan installation"

Post a Comment

Followers